At this point I’ve written a fair amount about the universal basic income and have also hosted a few pieces by other people who are critical of the UBI. I thought that since I’ve written about it so much it may be helpful to have a sort of guide to where to find those criticisms. To be clear, I’m only counting anti-work criticisms from this site as a helpful index for folks who wanna search within the site. If you know of some others on other sites, I can list those too!
These posts will largely be ones that center around the UBI but there may be a few that just have a section or two using the UBI as an example of some sort of problem I have with a broader phenomenon.
- The UBI: Another Tool of Disciplining the Poor, Ryan Calhoun
- Doing Nothing vs. Being Nothing, Nick Ford
- Critical Thoughts on “Free Money”, Nick Ford
- Jobs May be for Machines but the UBI isn’t for Me, Nick Ford
- What is Money for Nothing?, Chris Shaw
- The UBI is Finnish-ed, Nick Ford
- An Anti-Work Feminism Doesn’t Require a UBI, Nick Ford
- 7 Key Concepts for Understanding Anti-Work Theory, Nick Ford
- The UBI and it’s “Hold my Beer” Moment, Nick Ford
- Contra Musk: There Other Futures Besides a Governmental UBI, Nick Ford
- A Response to the Basic Income FAQ – In Five Parts: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Nick Ford
This post will be updated as time goes on.
Unless I forget, which is possible.